How do I list a domain on Cloudname?
Log in to Cloudname and click on your name at the top left.
Click on dashboard, profile, transactions or settings: you can list domains on Cloudname from each of these pages.
Now click on the Add a domain button: this will open a page where you can write the name of the domain you own.
On the following pages, enter:
- the description: i.e. a short sentence to describe the potential of your domain name;
- the category: i.e. the topic/market your domain name refers to;
- tags: these tags will enable your domain name to be found more easily by possible buyers.
After entering this information, you may be faced with one of two scenarios, in which you can:
- verify the ownership of your web3 (crypto) domain;
- verify ownership of your traditional domain (.com, .xyz, .net, etc).
How to verify ownership of a web3 domain and list it on the Marketplace
Don’t feel like reading this tutorial? Don’t worry, we have made a video for you.
If you have uploaded a web3 domain, Cloudname will ask you to verify your domain by connecting the metamask wallet on which you have minted (and on which you own) your domain. To do so, click on the Verify now button.
You will then find yourself on the Domain Detail page, similar to this one. Click on Connect Metamask, then on Sign in to verify.
It is possible that Cloudname will ask you several times to sign in to Metamask to verify domain ownership, but fear not. This depends on whether or not you have previously connected your crypto wallet to Metamask.
If the domain you uploaded is owned by you, the verification will take place correctly and Cloudname will confirm this via this screen. To decide on the price of the domain for sale, click on the Return to Details button.
Now, on the Detail page of your domain, by clicking on Edit, you can enter:
- the price of the domain at which you want it to be purchased;
- whether you accept both FIAT and crypto payments;
- which type of currency you prefer to be paid.
Note: Before you can set a sales price for your domain, you must have set up your preferred payment gateway:
- Metamask if you want to be paid in crypto; it only takes a few clicks to do this, find out how here.
- Stripe if you want to be paid in FIAT.
Once you have set up your preferred payment gateway and set a price for your domain, you can offer your web3 domain for sale and publish it on the marketplace.
To do this, click on the Published tick at the top of your domain’s detail page.